Thursday, June 10, 2010

Welcome to London

We've made it to London! Kristi's friend Yann is being kind enough to let us stay in his home, which is in the heart of London's Waterloo area. We are within walking distance of attractions such as the London Eye and the Tate Modern museum. In fact, we went to the Tate Modern this afternoon and saw paintings by Dali, Picasso, Monet, Miro, Pollock, and other modern artists.

We also had lunch at Leon, where I had sweet potato and cauliflower curry and hummus. Yum!

The weather is currently chilly and wet, but a nice change from the oppressive heat and humidity of Louisiana. Tomorrow it's supposed to be raining all day, so Yann is taking us to the coastal city of Brighton. My friend Marissa went to school in Brighton for a year, so I am excited to check out her old stomping grounds.

I was able to sleep some on the plane rides, but of course am struggling with the time change. I know I'll sleep well tonight and adjust quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment